StraceNT (pronounced S-Trace-NT) is a System Call Tracer for Windows. It provides similar functionality as strace provides on Linux. It can trace all the calls made by a process to the imported functions from other DLLs. StraceNT can be very useful in debugging and analyzing the internal working of a program. It records function names, their arguments and their return value.
StraceNT uses IAT patching technique to trace function calls, which is quite reliable and very efficient way for tracing. StraceNT can handle functions with different calling conventions including __fastcall and __stdcall.
StraceNT also supports filtering based on DLL name and function name and gives you a lot of control on which calls to trace and helps you to easily isolate a problem.
- A very fast and efficient system call tracing program
- Supports tracing function calls with different calling conventions
- Excellent filtering support to isolate a problem easily
- Similar in functionality to strace on Linux
- Multithreaded application supported
- Records OutputDebugString output of the target process
- NT4 with Service Pack 6
- Windows 2000
- Window XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows XP 64-bit (for 32 bit process running inside wow64)
- Windows 2003 64-bit (for 32 bit process running inside wow64)
- Windows 95, 98 and ME
- Windows NT 3.51
- Not tested on Windows NT 4.0 without service pack
StraceNT is a free software application from the Debugging subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2005-03-17. The program can be installed on Windows.
StraceNT (version 0.8) has a file size of 70.00 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 213 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.